Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Easter Sunday









This is me and Calvin on Easter Sunday! I didn't go buy a new dress due to my shopping fast! That's right I am not shopping for a month. I've made it a week and a day already...Anyway, Calvin has a suit he wears for special occasions and he looked so handsome! It was hard to take pictures because it was just the two of us. So Easter was great. We love celebrating that resurrection of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ! He LIVES, and we know He lives because He lives within our hearts! So we went to church Easter Sunday, we both had to be there at 8:00 am. I wanted to make sure Michael had enough help for Easter and Calvin led the choir at 8:30 (he is such a talented musician)! I don't know if I have told you, but I am the Children's Ministry Associate for First Baptist Church Joelton. I am constantly working with children and I love every bit of it. So Sundays are kind of like a work day for me. I get to be at church from 8:30 - 12:30 and make sure we have enough help and that Sunday school teachers have everything they need. At 11:00 a.m. I make sure there are plenty of nursery and preschool extended care volunteers and plan a lesson for them to do. Needless to say, I was worried we were going to be slammed Easter Sunday. It was awesome though. God truly provided enough wonderful helpers and volunteers and there were a lot of children who got to hear God's word!

After church, Calvin and I rushed home so I could finish dinner for his parents who were coming over to watch the Master's golf tournament. I had put a beautiful pot roast in the crockpot with EVOO and huge chunks of potatoes, carrots, and onions. Dashed it with some salt and pepper, a little secret ingredient, and 2 tbsp of butter! Poured in some organic salt free beef bouillon and low sodium organic beef broth and let it hang out and do its thang! Next, I made three cheese tortellini with homemade alfredo and fresh Parmesan. I steamed some broccoli and threw together a salad and baked off some biscuits. I also cut up some fresh strawberries. We ate like kings and queens! I LOVE to cook and haven't gotten to cook a nice meal like that in a long time.

After we watched Angel Cabrera win the Masters golf tourney. Blah, Blah, Blah...

1 comment:

  1. Brittany, You are just TOO CUTE!!!! I just enjoy reading your blog. You are such a breath of fresh air and have such energy and enthusiasm for God. I know you make Him smile!!

    ReplyDelete