Saturday, May 2, 2009

House Updates!











So lately I have been working a lot, but also trying to fix up the new house here and there. We still only have two rooms painted. For some reason, we are going really slow with that. I guess both of us know if we try to paint it ourselves we'll screw up our new home and who wants to pay for someone else to do it when so many people do it so good and they could help, right? Wrong. No one seems to want to paint. People that can paint well are usually busy painting their own homes. That's fine with me, I just wish I could get it done soon. Color makes a house feel more at home and lived in. The rooms I have painted upstairs are the rooms I love the most. We also got a new chest of drawers to match our bedroom suit which is now completed! Our bedroom is ALMOST done.

I'm really trying to get some landscaping done, but I can't get past how bad the grass looks. It's not very pretty. So I tried sowing some grass. Nothing has happened with this venture except that straw got everyone (A big homeowner's association no-no). I did plant impatiens and hang them in hanging pots on my front porch and they are beautiful! I love to get up in the morning and go outside and water them. I potted some Rosemary and Oregano and placed them in my kitchen window sill. Brother David (our pastor) has been talking a lot about the last days and how things could potentially get really bad for Americans. We haven't had to grow our own food in a long time. I'm getting into gardening this year...not only landscaping, but gardening. I want to grow a vegetable garden in my backyard. Wonder what my neighbors will think? :) More later!

No comments:

Post a Comment