Saturday, May 2, 2009

Princess Party!











Well, I knew I wanted to do it! And I finally did! I invited 7 little princesses over to my house for a slumber party. There was no playing favorites or anything from church, just a few friends I randomly invited until I decided 7 was enough and it would be too stressful for more. Here are some of the fabulous pictures!

We had so much fun! The girls arrived around 6:30 on a Friday afternoon. We played tag outside while we waited for Calvin to bring home the pizza. The girls found their place mats, tiaras, and party favors on the dining room table and settled in for some yummy cheese pizza and pepperoni for me and Calvin (who also had a place man and tiara). After pizza, we played tag outside again and went to the park down the road in my subdivision. We came back home and as a group made brownies and chocolate cookies. Baking with the girls was the messiest, funnest thing ever! The little ones had shorter attention spans than the older girls. They were running around upstairs and tying Calvin up and it was all pretty funny. After baking, we all sat down and ate the brownies and had a little bible study (when I say little I mean like 5 minutes). I tried to explain to the girls WHY they are princesses...because God is King and He is our Daddy. Then I painted each girls' toe nails and after that we went upstairs, locked ourselves in my bedroom and found outfits from my closet for each girl. I did each one's hair and let them put lip gloss on and we had a fashion show that we made Calvin watch. The girls got to pick my outfit, but they didn't like the outfits I picked for them. They all traded like 20 times before settling on the final outfit! Elizabeth's outfit looked hilarious!!! She looked like a little Miss America! Cate had on the cutest blue dress, but then she put on my black (very large) pointed go-go boots. It looked hilarious!!! Olivia had on a cute dress and actually looked like she could wear it in public. Emily was so tiny, I couldn't keep anything on her. Molli Beth is the funniest thing in her prom dress. Carah put every dress I had on backwards...she liked her back showing! She was a sassy little thing! Abby had left by then, but it was a fun fashion show. I narrated it in a french accent! After the fashion show, we put in high school musical 2 and by 12:30am everyone was asleep. Funny thing is...the girls woke up at 6:00am ON THEIR OWN! We made huge cinnamon rolls and had an early breakfast. Me with my coffee, them with their milk. It was a beautiful princess weekend! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment